The 19th annual Miles for Matheny will be held Sunday, June 5, in Peapack’s Liberty Park. Miles is a family-friendly event that raises funds and awareness for children, teens, and adults with developmental disabilities. It brings together Matheny’s students, patients, family, friends and members of the community for an exciting day of camaraderie and fun. Here’s what you can look forward to:
- Lu Huggins Wheelchair Walk. More than 100 Matheny children, teens, and adults “wheel” through the streets of downtown Peapack, accompanied by family and friends and cheered on by neighbors and supporters. Sponsored by Partlow Insurance and the Golub Family.
- Cycling. A choice of 10, 25, 35, and 50-mile bike rides, plus the highly challenging “Hills of Attrition” endurance ride. The Hills of Attrition course was redesigned this year by the Bedminster Flyers and subtitled “Ride It If You Can”. Sponsored by Peapack-Gladstone Bank.
- Fitness Walk. This is the second year for this one-mile walk/jog for all ages.
- Kids Fun Run. Children ages 3-10 enjoy friendly competition, and everybody’s a winner. Sponsored by Porzio, Bromberg & Newman P.C. Attorneys at Law.
- Breakfast of Champions presented by The Friends of Matheny plus music, family entertainment and refreshments throughout the event.
The Poses Family Foundation is again our Premier Sponsor, and other major sponsors are Mariner Wealth Advisors and WCBS Newsradio 880.
Log onto www.milesformatheny.org to register for an event, form a fundraising team or make a donation. For assistance, call (908) 234-0011, ext. 260, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Onsite registration begins at 8 a.m. on June 5, and events run throughout the morning culminating with the Wheelchair Walk starting at 12:15 p.m. All proceeds from Miles for Matheny will benefit programs and services that enhance the lives of the children, teens, and adults served by Matheny.