Wheelchair Clinic / Seating and Mobility Assistive Technology
At Matheny, we understand the unique needs of persons with developmental disabilities. Highly trained therapists work with you to find assistive technology services that help you achieve your highest level of health, function, and quality of life.
Our team will assist you with every step of the process to ensure proper fitting, delivery, and training in the use and care of your new equipment. We provide comprehensive assessments for manual wheelchairs, power wheelchairs, and custom seating support systems.
Staff includes NJ-licensed Occupational and Physical therapists who are certified as Assistive Technology Practitioners (ATP) and Seating Mobility Specialists (SMS) through the Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America (RESNA).
Our assistive technology products include:
- Manual and power wheelchairs
- Custom seating systems
- Specialized bathing and toileting devices
- Walking aides and gait trainers
- Mechanical transfer aides and lifting devices
- Specialized adaptive positioning equipment (i.e. adaptive standers, specialized classroom chairs, night positioning devices)
For more information about our wheelchair clinic services, you may contact:
- John Reck, Physical Therapist, at (908) 234-0011, ext. 1764 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maura Mirecki, Occupational Therapist, at (908) 234-0011, ext. 1761 or email: email@example.com
To request a wheelchair evaluation, and / or schedule an appointment, contact our Matheny Center of Medicine & Dentistry at (908) 234-0011, ext. 1785
Halloween Parade 2022
Halloween landed on a Monday in 2022, but that certainly didn’t dampen the spirits of those participating in our...Read More
Celebrating 75 Years of Matheny
On Thursday, October 13th, we were thrilled to be joined up on the hill by parents, supporters, and community...Read More
Miles for Matheny 2022 – Full Photo Album
Check out our full Miles for Matheny 2022 Photo Album! Thanks to everyone who helped make this wonderful event...Read More