Nutrition Therapy is an essential component of comprehensive care for children and adults with developmental disabilities and special health care needs.
The medical nutrition therapy includes:
- Provision of adequate, individualized, and health-promoting nutrition
- Provision of healthy, nutritious, and safe meals in accordance with the regulatory standards
- Nutrition counseling and education of Matheny patients, their families, and staff
The team of highly skilled Matheny clinical dietitians provides complete assessments with recommendations to keep the nutrition status of the individuals at the optimum level. The assessments include:
- The growth pattern based on BMI (Body Mass Index) and the CDC growth charts.
- Energy needs.
- Feeding issues such as dysphagia, reflux and dental.
- Digestion and absorption.
- Bone health.
- Skin integrity.
- Metabolic disorders.
- Drug nutrient interactions.
- Bowel issues and regulation.
The dietitians are an integral part of medical team and are involved in the interdisciplinary team process for the total care of our clients.
Miles for Matheny 2021
We want to give a huge thanks to all of the staff, volunteers, donors, and anyone else who made...Read More
Kathleen Powers on NJBIZ’s “Accounting Power 50” List
We’re proud to have so many remarkable, hard-working, and accomplished people on our Matheny staff. Today, we’re thrilled to...Read More
Join us for Miles for Matheny 2021!
It’s that time of year again! This Saturday, June 5th, is our 24th annual Miles For Matheny celebration! As...Read More