Nutrition Therapy is an essential component of comprehensive care for children and adults with developmental disabilities and special health care needs.
The medical nutrition therapy includes:
- Provision of adequate, individualized, and health-promoting nutrition
- Provision of healthy, nutritious, and safe meals in accordance with the regulatory standards
- Nutrition counseling and education of Matheny patients, their families, and staff
The team of highly skilled Matheny clinical dietitians provides complete assessments with recommendations to keep the nutrition status of the individuals at the optimum level. The assessments include:
- The growth pattern based on BMI (Body Mass Index) and the CDC growth charts.
- Energy needs.
- Feeding issues such as dysphagia, reflux and dental.
- Digestion and absorption.
- Bone health.
- Skin integrity.
- Metabolic disorders.
- Drug nutrient interactions.
- Bowel issues and regulation.
The dietitians are an integral part of medical team and are involved in the interdisciplinary team process for the total care of our clients.
Matheny’s Memorable Moments & Bright Spots of 2020
When we wrote our “Best of 2019” post around this time last year, we had no idea what we...Read More
Charles “Chuck” Matheny – Model of Possibility
Charles H. Matheny, age 76, died on December 14, 2017 – three years ago today. A native of Minnesota,...Read More
A special Trunk or Treat
Matheny has had to make many changes to keep our staff, patients, and residents safe over the last few...Read More