Nutrition Therapy is an essential component of comprehensive care for children and adults with developmental disabilities and special health care needs.
The medical nutrition therapy includes:
- Provision of adequate, individualized, and health-promoting nutrition
- Provision of healthy, nutritious, and safe meals in accordance with the regulatory standards
- Nutrition counseling and education of Matheny patients, their families, and staff
The team of highly skilled Matheny clinical dietitians provides complete assessments with recommendations to keep the nutrition status of the individuals at the optimum level. The assessments include:
- The growth pattern based on BMI (Body Mass Index) and the CDC growth charts.
- Energy needs.
- Feeding issues such as dysphagia, reflux and dental.
- Digestion and absorption.
- Bone health.
- Skin integrity.
- Metabolic disorders.
- Drug nutrient interactions.
- Bowel issues and regulation.
The dietitians are an integral part of medical team and are involved in the interdisciplinary team process for the total care of our clients.
Miles for Matheny 2022 – Full Photo Album
Check out our full Miles for Matheny 2022 Photo Album! Thanks to everyone who helped make this wonderful event...Read More
Miles for Matheny 2022 – Special Picture Frame!
Did you attend Miles for Matheny 2022? If so, did you stop by for a picture in our special...Read More
The Faces of Matheny – Miles for Matheny 2022
Saturday, June 4th was the 25th Annual Miles for Matheny! We couldn’t have asked for a better day. Thank...Read More