Nutrition Therapy is an essential component of comprehensive care for children and adults with developmental disabilities and special health care needs.
The medical nutrition therapy includes:
- Provision of adequate, individualized, and health-promoting nutrition
- Provision of healthy, nutritious, and safe meals in accordance with the regulatory standards
- Nutrition counseling and education of Matheny patients, their families, and staff
The team of highly skilled Matheny clinical dietitians provides complete assessments with recommendations to keep the nutrition status of the individuals at the optimum level. The assessments include:
- The growth pattern based on BMI (Body Mass Index) and the CDC growth charts.
- Energy needs.
- Feeding issues such as dysphagia, reflux and dental.
- Digestion and absorption.
- Bone health.
- Skin integrity.
- Metabolic disorders.
- Drug nutrient interactions.
- Bowel issues and regulation.
The dietitians are an integral part of medical team and are involved in the interdisciplinary team process for the total care of our clients.
Thank You To Our Miles for Matheny Sponsors!
Less than a month until our 25th Annual Miles for Matheny! This exciting event wouldn’t be possible without sponsorships...Read More
Miles for Matheny 2022 – 25th Anniversary!
In the spirit of excitement and optimism, you are invited to join us on Saturday, June 4th for the...Read More
Matheny residents have enjoyed several celebrations this month! First there was A Night to Shine, a prom event for...Read More