Nutrition Therapy is an essential component of comprehensive care for children and adults with developmental disabilities and special health care needs.
The medical nutrition therapy includes:
- Provision of adequate, individualized, and health-promoting nutrition
- Provision of healthy, nutritious, and safe meals in accordance with the regulatory standards
- Nutrition counseling and education of Matheny patients, their families, and staff
The team of highly skilled Matheny clinical dietitians provides complete assessments with recommendations to keep the nutrition status of the individuals at the optimum level. The assessments include:
- The growth pattern based on BMI (Body Mass Index) and the CDC growth charts.
- Energy needs.
- Feeding issues such as dysphagia, reflux and dental.
- Digestion and absorption.
- Bone health.
- Skin integrity.
- Metabolic disorders.
- Drug nutrient interactions.
- Bowel issues and regulation.
The dietitians are an integral part of medical team and are involved in the interdisciplinary team process for the total care of our clients.
A special Trunk or Treat
Matheny has had to make many changes to keep our staff, patients, and residents safe over the last few...Read More
VIDEO: You Are the Sunshine of Our Lives
It’s been a very difficult few months for all of us. So Lynn Coyle and her students from the...Read More
Children’s Specialized Hospital and Matheny School and Hospital Announce Strategic Collaboration
Children’s Specialized Hospital (CSH), an RWJBarnabas Health facility, and Matheny School and Hospital, Inc. have announced plans to enter...Read More