Matheny School to Hold
Open House on October 9
A representative from the Kittatinny
Regional School District visiting with a
Matheny student during our spring
The Matheny School will be holding an Open House on Wednesday, October 9, from 10 a.m.- noon, to showcase its various programs for students with multiple disabilities. These include:
- Preschool. Supported through an adapted environment using emergent technology, communication systems and the individual education plan.
- Elementary K-8. Utilizing a “centers approach” where students have the opportunity to participate with their peers to perform learning tasks incorporating hands-on activities.
- High School 9-12+. Studying traditional academics, such as biology and U.S. history and participating in transition and elective classes to help students prepare for adulthood.
- Adapted Physical Education. Promoting fitness through all traditional sports, modified to encourage students to create their own independent movements.
- 21st Century Life Skills. Taking what is learned in the classroom and applying it to real life situations in the community.
- Speech therapy. Providing individual and integrated services as well as in-class language groups.
- Occupational Therapy. Facilitating students’ access to their environment and academics with as much independence as possible.
- Social Services. Promoting the emotional well-being and adjustment of each student to maximize academic growth and physical functioning.
- Physical Therapy. Customizing positioning and exercise routines using standing and adaptive bike riding.
- Psychology. Working as a team to understand the meaning behind behaviors viewed as inappropriate or unsafe.
For more information or to R.S.V.P., call Jill Baker at (908) 234-0011, ext. 234, or email email@example.com.
Back to All News